6 hours total | 4 sessions, beginning November 1, 2021
Learn to see the world as an abundance of opportunity, build skills to capitalize on it, and develop your own roadmap for living the life you want.
“Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it,” Steve Jobs said in 1994. This is as true now as it was then.
The world is full of opportunities—and to take advantage of them, you don’t need credentials, degrees, or permission. You just need to learn how to see opportunities, to create them, to act on them, and to leverage them into bigger and better opportunities. It’s an art you can learn, a skill you can improve. And the more adept you become at it, the better equipped you’ll be to create and live a life you love.
Whatever your dream—opening a coffee shop, starting a tech company, becoming an adventure filmmaker, launching a podcast—the process of unlocking opportunity is the same. And that’s what we’ll be talking about in this course.
- How to see the world as an abundance of opportunities
- The key places to look for opportunities, including problems people are experiencing, actions and processes that consume their valuable time, and useful things that don’t yet exist
- The economic underpinnings of opportunity (what people will pay you for, and why)
- The “luck” side of the equation and how to create a network of opportunity
- The preparation side of the equation and how to develop skills that make you more valuable
- The compounding effects of being opportunistic—how one opportunity leads to more
If you want to build your life on your own terms, this course is for you.