6 hours total | 4 sessions, beginning April 8, 2021
Learn to teach Ayn Rand’s philosophy by reference to the life-serving purpose of its various elements—or, in Francisco d’Anconia’s words, the “What for?”*
The key to understanding Objectivism in a fully firsthanded way is grasping the observation-based, life-serving purpose of its methods, concepts, and principles. In this course, Craig Biddle will discuss how he uses the principle of purpose to great effect in teaching these ideas, how it fosters genuine understanding, and how this approach helps to eliminate rationalism and dogmatism.
You will learn:
- How to leverage the principle of purpose as powerful tool for inducing and clarifying the principles of Objectivism
- How to concretize its principles in plain language with illuminating examples
- The crucial role of the law of excluded middle in understanding and teaching the philosophy
- How to use an iterative, spiraling approach to show the reality-based nature and practical value of each principle—and how they unify to form a fully integrated worldview.
If you teach Objectivism, or aim to teach it, this course will enhance your ability to do so effectively.
* To enroll in this course, you must have permission from the instructor. Request permission by emailing Craig at email@example.com.
Space is limited, and the deadline to enroll is Tuesday, April 6, 2021. Secure your spot today!