6 hours total | 4 sessions, beginning March 4, 2021
Learn the principles of Objectivism and how they can help you think more clearly, excel in life, and maximize your happiness.
Ayn Rand described Objectivism as “a philosophy for living on earth.” This is an apt description because every principle of the philosophy is derived from reality for the purpose of guiding your choices and actions so you can flourish.
This course will examine the basic principles of Objectivism, showing how they’re formed by observation and logic, and how they can help you succeed in your career, friendships, romance, and life in general.
The course assumes no prior understanding of Objectivism.
You will learn:
- The principles of Rand’s morality of rational self-interest and how it differs from traditional moral codes, such as altruism, hedonism, and utilitarianism
- Why Objectivism is both 100% pro-reason and 100% pro-emotion, and how it can help you foster harmony between these vital faculties
- How the trader principle—voluntary exchange to mutual benefit—applies both to material and spiritual values and leads to social harmony among rational people
- Why Objectivism holds that the initiation of physical force against human beings is evil and should be banned by law—and what this means in practice
- The differences between Objectivism, religion, and subjectivism, including Rand’s ideas on the nature of reality and the basic laws that govern it
- Rand’s ideas on the life-serving nature of concepts, the objective standards by which they’re properly formed and used, and the life-harming fallacies involved in violating these principles
- Rand’s view of art and why it is essential to a spiritually rich life.
Whether you’re new to Objectivism or have studied it for years, this course will help you to understand (or better understand) the philosophy—and thus enhance your ability to thrive.
Space is limited, and the deadline to enroll is Monday, March 1, 2021. Secure your spot today!