12 hours total | 8 sessions, beginning January 5, 2021
Integrate the basic principles of economics with those of Objectivism and become an intellectual powerhouse in the fight for freedom and capitalism.
What do you get when you marry the economic clarity of Henry Hazlitt with the philosophic objectivity of Ayn Rand? Answer: The most powerful tool in the ‘verse for advancing liberty.
Join Raymond Niles for an integrative study of economics and Objectivism, the basic principles of each, and their practical significance in the fight for a future of freedom.
You will learn:
- Why production and trade are fundamentally driven by reason and self-interest—and why grasping this principle is essential to making the moral case for capitalism;
- How supply and demand jointly determine market prices, and why establishing and maintaining freedom for this “pricing mechanism” to work is in everyone’s self-interest;
- Why coercive policies, such as wage controls and tariffs, harm all parties involved—employers and employees, job-holders and job-seekers, businesses and customers, exporters and importers;
- What free-market banking is, why it is in everyone’s self-interest, and why government intervention in banking is morally and economically disastrous;
- Why free markets result in better and safer health care, food, travel, education, etc.
If you want the most powerful tool in the world for advancing freedom and capitalism, this course is for you. By integrating the principles of economics with those of Objectivism, you will equip yourself to think, write, and speak in support of freedom with greater confidence and efficacy.
All sessions are recorded, so if you miss a session (or want to review), you can watch the recording at your convenience.