What OSI Interns Do
As an OSI Intern, you will:
- Read books and articles on philosophy and Objectivism;
- Study the history of philosophy, focusing on major philosophic problems and proposed solutions;
- Participate in OSI philosophy discussions;
- Write articles elucidating or applying philosophic principles;
- Participate in OSI editing sessions;
- Participate in and host OSI courses and reading groups;
- Learn OSI’s value-up approach to understanding, communicating, and teaching Objectivism;
- Assist with research, administrative tasks, and brainstorming;
- Get paid to think, learn, and level up in life.
OSI Interns work 12 to 15 hours per week and receive a stipend of $1,000 per month.
The work is remote for the most part, but some travel may be involved for in-person conferences, company retreats, and the like. When travel is necessary, OSI covers all expenses.
To qualify for an OSI internship, you must be:
- 18 to 29 years old,
- Passionate about OSI’s mission,
- Committed to independent thinking,
- Eager to work with and learn from others,
- Seriously interested in a career as an intellectual (e.g., writer, speaker, teacher).
Dates and Schedules
An application for an OSI Internship may be submitted at any time, and work schedules are flexible. If you are awarded an internship, we will work with you to create a start date and schedule that suit you.
How to Apply
Applications involve two parts:
1. Submit either a 500-word essay or a two-minute video explaining why you want the position. Articles should be submitted as Google Docs. Videos should be uploaded and shared with us on YouTube (they may be unlisted).
2. Submit one or two samples of your writing, spoken content, video content, or the like. Articles should be submitted as Google Docs and videos and audio files shared on YouTube.
Submit your application, including links, files, and/or accompanying documents, via the form below. If we think your application is promising, we will contact you to schedule an interview. If you are granted an interview, within a week after the interview, we’ll let you know whether you’ve been awarded an internship.
If you have questions, email them to [email protected]